Park Orchards Kindergartens Values, Beliefs and Principles
Our early childhood curriculum is developed and guided by the following principles:
- Play is an essential element in a child’s growth and development.
- Through play, children have the opportunity to experiment, explore, manipulate, discover, model and imitate adults and peers, contemplate, create and succeed.
- Active exploration and involvement in their own learning helps children develop confidence and self-esteem, and personal skills such as cooperation, problem solving, communication and tolerance. We are building on and developing life skills.
- Children learn through responsive and reciprocal relationships and through social contexts.
- We acknowledge parents as the primary carers and educators of young children and support them in this role.
- We respect and support family history and culture, parental values and expectations.
- We value explorations and respect for the natural environment and sustainable practice.
- We believe kinder teachers need to be deliberate, purposeful and thoughtful in their decisions, planning and documentations of children’s learning.
- We recognise learning as a life-long process.