Applications will be entered on the waiting list using the eligibility and priority of access criteria outlined in our Enrolment Policy.
To maximise priority, an application should be made in the month of the child’s 2nd birthday.
Places will be allocated to applicants in accordance with the eligibility and priority of access criteria of the service:
- The families of those children recommended by the service to receive a second year of funded (4 year old) kindergarten will receive a letter offering them a place for the following year.
- Children who were eligible to attend in the previous year but deferred or withdrew from the service prior to the April data collection. Offers of places in the 3 year old program/s and the funded kindergarten program will be made at the same time, in the last week of May preceding the year of attendance.
- Thereafter, our eligibility is processed for priority, in the order of the following:
- The date the application received after the child’s 2nd birthday,
- postcode – 3114
- Other siblings at the Kinder
Acceptance or Decline of place:
- A deposit of $100 must be paid within two weeks, via cheque, money order or direct deposit to accept and hold the place for the following year. This deposit, which is non-refundable, will be deducted from Term 4 fees.
- Parents/guardians who do not wish to accept the offer of a place, or intend to withdraw their enrolment, are requested to notify Park Orchards Kindergarten in writing as soon as possible.
Second-round offers will be made two weeks after first-round offers, with replies and deposits due within one week.
Third-round offers will be made two weeks after second-round offers, with replies and deposits due within 24 hours.
An official detailed enrolment form and other relevant information will be provided after the place is accepted and the deposit has been paid.
Note: Places will not be allocated to children until any substantial debt owed to the service by the family is paid, or a payment plan is agreed to between the family and the service (refer to Fees Policy).