We believe your privacy is important.
Park Orchards Kindergarten Inc has developed a Privacy and Confidentiality Policy that illustrates how we collect, use, disclose, manage and transfer personal information, including health information. This policy is available on request.
To ensure ongoing funding and licensing, our service is required to comply with the requirements of privacy legislation in relation to the collection and use of personal information. If we need to collect health information, our procedures are subject to the Health Records Act 2001.
Purpose for which information is collected
The reasons for which we generally collect personal information are given in the table below.
|Personal information and health information collected in relation to:||Primary purpose for which information will be used:|
|Children and parents/guardians
The Approved Provider if an individual, or members of the Committee of Management/Board if the Approved Provider is an organisation
Job applicants, employees, contractors, volunteers and students
Please note that under relevant privacy legislation, other uses and disclosures of personal information may be permitted, as set out in that legislation.
Disclosure of personal information, including health information
Some personal information, including health information, held about an individual may be disclosed to:
- government departments or agencies, as part of our legal and funding obligations
- local government authorities, for planning purposes
- organisations providing services related to employee entitlements and employment
- insurance providers, in relation to specific claims or for obtaining cover
- law enforcement agencies
- health organisations and/or families in circumstances where the person requires urgent medical assistance and is incapable of giving permission
- anyone to whom the individual authorises us to disclose information.
Laws that require us to collect specific information
The Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, Associations Incorporation Act 1981 and employment-related laws and agreements require us to collect specific information about individuals from time-to-time. Failure to provide the required information could affect:
- a child’s enrolment at the service
- a person’s employment with the service
the ability to function as an incorporated association.
Access to information
Individuals about whom we hold personal or health information are able to gain access to this information in accordance with applicable legislation. The procedure for doing this is set out in our Privacy and Confidentiality Policy.